England cricketer Kevin Pietersen appears in his first Brylcreem ad
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 30 November 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Brylcreem is to launch the first ad in its multi-million pound campaign starring England cricketer, and newly appointed Brycreem Boy, Kevin Pietersen
The campaign, by WCRS, has the strapline ‘It's Amazing Where Good Hair Gets You'. It shows Pietersen making himself at home in the Oval Office.
The ads were shot using the set of American TV drama The West Wing, in LA.
The campaign will run for 18 weeks from 1 December in titles including Nuts, Shortlist and FHM.
Jonathan Bull, Brylcreem marketing manager, said ‘Brylcreem is about giving men confidence and making then feel like they can do anything.'
Pietersen was unveiled as 'the new face of Brylcreem' in September. The news coincided with the brand's sale to Unilever.
Dave Lewis, UK chairman at Unilever, said the company sees great opportunity in the men's grooming category and will work with Sara Lee to develop the Brylcreem range.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Producer Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014