England cricketer Kevin Pietersen appears in his first Brylcreem ad
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 30 November 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Brylcreem is to launch the first ad in its multi-million pound campaign starring England cricketer, and newly appointed Brycreem Boy, Kevin Pietersen
The campaign, by WCRS, has the strapline ‘It's Amazing Where Good Hair Gets You'. It shows Pietersen making himself at home in the Oval Office.
The ads were shot using the set of American TV drama The West Wing, in LA.
The campaign will run for 18 weeks from 1 December in titles including Nuts, Shortlist and FHM.
Jonathan Bull, Brylcreem marketing manager, said ‘Brylcreem is about giving men confidence and making then feel like they can do anything.'
Pietersen was unveiled as 'the new face of Brylcreem' in September. The news coincided with the brand's sale to Unilever.
Dave Lewis, UK chairman at Unilever, said the company sees great opportunity in the men's grooming category and will work with Sara Lee to develop the Brylcreem range.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Russian Speaking Online Marketing/Website Exec/Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Marketing Specialist - £40K (DOE) - London - Technology Client Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum bonus, benefits, London
- Account Manager (6+ months Contract) Stopgap £180 - £220 per day, West Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'