England cricketer Kevin Pietersen appears in his first Brylcreem ad
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 30 November 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Brylcreem is to launch the first ad in its multi-million pound campaign starring England cricketer, and newly appointed Brycreem Boy, Kevin Pietersen
The campaign, by WCRS, has the strapline ‘It's Amazing Where Good Hair Gets You'. It shows Pietersen making himself at home in the Oval Office.
The ads were shot using the set of American TV drama The West Wing, in LA.
The campaign will run for 18 weeks from 1 December in titles including Nuts, Shortlist and FHM.
Jonathan Bull, Brylcreem marketing manager, said ‘Brylcreem is about giving men confidence and making then feel like they can do anything.'
Pietersen was unveiled as 'the new face of Brylcreem' in September. The news coincided with the brand's sale to Unilever.
Dave Lewis, UK chairman at Unilever, said the company sees great opportunity in the men's grooming category and will work with Sara Lee to develop the Brylcreem range.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated