England cricketer Kevin Pietersen appears in his first Brylcreem ad
By Amy Golding, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 30 November 2009 04:00PM
LONDON - Brylcreem is to launch the first ad in its multi-million pound campaign starring England cricketer, and newly appointed Brycreem Boy, Kevin Pietersen
The campaign, by WCRS, has the strapline ‘It's Amazing Where Good Hair Gets You'. It shows Pietersen making himself at home in the Oval Office.
The ads were shot using the set of American TV drama The West Wing, in LA.
The campaign will run for 18 weeks from 1 December in titles including Nuts, Shortlist and FHM.
Jonathan Bull, Brylcreem marketing manager, said ‘Brylcreem is about giving men confidence and making then feel like they can do anything.'
Pietersen was unveiled as 'the new face of Brylcreem' in September. The news coincided with the brand's sale to Unilever.
Dave Lewis, UK chairman at Unilever, said the company sees great opportunity in the men's grooming category and will work with Sara Lee to develop the Brylcreem range.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Data Planner/Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Senior Visual Merchandiser - Childrenswear Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Research Director - Cutting edge agency Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus , Manchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni