Glue and BBH Labs win Google Chrome
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 December 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Google has appointed glue London and BBH Labs to handle global communications strategy and advertising for its Chrome browser.
The initial campaign will incorporate display ads, online videos and social media. It will see the creation of a social application for existing Chrome users, which enables them to give Chrome as a Christmas gift. Offline ads may follow.
The agency will work with a team from BBH Labs in New York and London on the campaign, as well as with Google’s marketing teams in Europe and the US.
Obi Felten, the head of consumer marketing EMEA at Google, made the appointment. It is the first time that Google has worked with a UK agency on an advertising campaign, but BBH Labs has worked on projects for Google in the US in the past.
The campaign will aim to raise awareness of Chrome, which launched in December last year. It is currently only available on Microsoft Windows, but Google intends to release a Mac version by the end of the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'