Glue and BBH Labs win Google Chrome
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 December 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Google has appointed glue London and BBH Labs to handle global communications strategy and advertising for its Chrome browser.
The initial campaign will incorporate display ads, online videos and social media. It will see the creation of a social application for existing Chrome users, which enables them to give Chrome as a Christmas gift. Offline ads may follow.
The agency will work with a team from BBH Labs in New York and London on the campaign, as well as with Google’s marketing teams in Europe and the US.
Obi Felten, the head of consumer marketing EMEA at Google, made the appointment. It is the first time that Google has worked with a UK agency on an advertising campaign, but BBH Labs has worked on projects for Google in the US in the past.
The campaign will aim to raise awareness of Chrome, which launched in December last year. It is currently only available on Microsoft Windows, but Google intends to release a Mac version by the end of the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London