Bloggers targeted with mismatched shoes in We Are Social campaign
By Jennifer Whitehead, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 10 December 2009 10:30AM
LONDON - Eco-friendly shoe brand Simple Shoes is targeting bloggers with a social media campaign created by We Are Social.
The campaign will see bloggers who focus on design, fashion and environmental issues sent a free pair of shoes from the Simple Shoes range on their request.
The catch is that the pairs are mismatched, and bloggers will be required to talk to others who have been targeted in the campaign to reunite the proper pairs.
The campaign is being run via the social media postal service SendSocial, and uses Twitter to disseminate instructions on how bloggers can find their lost shoe. SendSocial allows bloggers to be in contact with other bloggers without revealing their private address.
A blog run by We Are Social for Simple Shoes will then carry on the campaign with a competition inviting people to win a pair of shoes by submitting photos of themselves with their feet up in unusual places. The winner will be decided by public vote.
Becky Chambers, international marketing manager of Simple Shoes, said: "Our shoes are all about showing that you don't have to compromise on design or comfort because your shoes are ethically made.
"Getting people to try our shoes for themselves was an important way to get this message across, and the shoe swap means people can chat about the products. We can't wait to see the feedback."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Video Aspire £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London