Playboy launches 'nude-free' iPhone app
By James Quilter, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 11 December 2009 12:05PM
LONDON - Apple has approved a Playboy iPhone app offering consumers the chance to read articles and view pictures of the latest 'Playmates', but only with their clothes on.
The feature that the app, priced at £1.19, has been unable to carry over from the magazine is the ability to display naked women. Users can only view clothed Playmates and read their Q&A sheets.
Taking the place of the traditional barely-clad ladies, monthly features will include 'The Playboy Advisor' covering advice on "everything from sex to car stereos", fashion tips, party jokes, and "Celebrities hangin' with Hef - Famous folks partying and posing with the man himself".
Despite Apple's notoriously rigorous policing policy regarding the content of its app store some risqué products have squeezed through.
For a few hours in June 'The Hottest Girls', an app allowing iPhone owners to view topless women, appeared in the store before it was removed by Apple.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- General Manager - Media Sales (Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) Vision Four Competitive, Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Midweight Packaging Designer - Top Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London