Paul Taaffe named Cannes Lions 2010 PR jury president
By Arun Sudhaman, prweek.com, Monday, 14 December 2009 08:58AM
Hill & Knowlton global chairman and CEO Paul Taaffe has been named jury president for the Cannes Lions PR category in 2010.
Taaffe succeeds Chime Communications CEO Lord Tim Bell, who headed the competition's inaugural PR jury in 2009. He told PRWeek that there was an opportunity for the PR category to ‘begin to define creativity on its own terms, rather than responding to how advertising has traditionally defined creativity'.
The majority of last year's PR winners were entered by ad agencies, a situation that Taaffe is hoping to change: ‘This year, the global PR industry has no excuse. Creative thinking is the key to great communications and I look forward to chairing an international PR jury in a year that I'm sure will raise the bar around the world.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business