Paul Taaffe named Cannes Lions 2010 PR jury president
By Arun Sudhaman, prweek.com, Monday, 14 December 2009 08:58AM
Hill & Knowlton global chairman and CEO Paul Taaffe has been named jury president for the Cannes Lions PR category in 2010.
Taaffe succeeds Chime Communications CEO Lord Tim Bell, who headed the competition's inaugural PR jury in 2009. He told PRWeek that there was an opportunity for the PR category to ‘begin to define creativity on its own terms, rather than responding to how advertising has traditionally defined creativity'.
The majority of last year's PR winners were entered by ad agencies, a situation that Taaffe is hoping to change: ‘This year, the global PR industry has no excuse. Creative thinking is the key to great communications and I look forward to chairing an international PR jury in a year that I'm sure will raise the bar around the world.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mobile Strategic Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + +comm, London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + car allowance, Romford
- Designer for Agency- up to 30k dependent on experience Nakama Up to 30k dependent on experience, Central London