Accenture axes sponsorship deal with Tiger Woods
By Staff, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 14 December 2009 10:45AM
NEW YORK - Business consulting group Accenture has ended its six-year-old sponsorship agreement with Tiger Woods.
Two weeks after the sex scandal broke, Accenture said it will "immediately transition" to a new advertising campaign that does not feature the golfer.
Accenture said Tiger Woods's golfing performance had been "a powerful metaphor for business success in Accenture's advertising. However, given the circumstances of the last two weeks, after careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising."
The company said it will "immediately transition " to a new advertising campaign, with a major effort scheduled to launch in 2010.
Gillette is reportedly phasing out Tiger Woods from its advertising.
On Friday, Tiger Woods announced on his website that in light of his "infidelity" he is taking an "indefinite break from profession golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father and person."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot