Universal Music appoints MediaCom to £100m pan European media
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 December 2009 10:14AM
LONDON - MediaCom has won Universal Music's £100 million media planning and buying account across Europe after a year-long review.
MediaCom, which already handles the £30 million UK business, won the account after a protracted head-to-head pitch against Aegis-owned Carat.
MediaCom has held the Universal Music UK account since the agency’s launch in 1999.
Universal Music handles artists such as Amy Winehouse, U2, Elton John and Take That and its record labels include A&M, Island, Polydor and Decca.
Read Rory Sutherland's latest blog on the music industry
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Gaming Brand PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Broadcast Manager PFJ £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- New Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £0.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Digital Account Director Dot-Gap £38k, Central London
- Search Account Director Dot-Gap £43k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.