bmi ad targets strike-threatened British Airways
LONDON - Airline bmi has launched a print campaign targeting consumers affected by the impending strike by British Airways cabin crew staff.
Trade union Unite announced that BA cabin crew will go on strike for 12 days from 22 December over the Christmas period, with around 1m passengers facing the prospect of cancelled flights.
To target travellers in search of an alternative, Lufthansa-owned bmi has rolled out a print ad stating ‘BA may soon be grounded. You needn't be'.
It adds: ‘Despite the strike threat, there are still plenty of ways to fly to the places you want to go.' The ad then directs consumers to its website, flybmi.com.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough