bmi ad targets strike-threatened British Airways
LONDON - Airline bmi has launched a print campaign targeting consumers affected by the impending strike by British Airways cabin crew staff.
Trade union Unite announced that BA cabin crew will go on strike for 12 days from 22 December over the Christmas period, with around 1m passengers facing the prospect of cancelled flights.
To target travellers in search of an alternative, Lufthansa-owned bmi has rolled out a print ad stating ‘BA may soon be grounded. You needn't be'.
It adds: ‘Despite the strike threat, there are still plenty of ways to fly to the places you want to go.' The ad then directs consumers to its website, flybmi.com.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Brand Executive (Upper Crust & Caffe Ritazza)- £30,000 +bonus SSP UK Ltd £28000 - £30000 per annum + bonus potential (20%) + benefits, London
- Mid-Weight Integrated Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London