Twinings puts Rainforest Alliance seal on Everyday brand
By Daniel Farey-Jones, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 January 2010 09:20AM
LONDON - Twinings has started carrying the Rainforest Alliance certified seal on its Everyday sub-brand after committing to source 100% of its Everyday tea from RFA-certified estates by 2015.
As of this month a proportion of the tea used to blend Twinings Everyday has been sourced from Rainforest Alliance-certified plantations.
Twinings is not the first tea brand to carry the RFA seal. Unilever's PG Tips first started using it in 2008 after pledging that by 2010 all the tea it would use would be from Rainforest Alliance certified plantations.
The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour.
In December both brands along with other big sellers Tetley, Typhoo and Yorkshire Tea were criticised for not converting to Fairtrade by international development charity Traidcraft.
A survey commissioned by the charity showed that two thirds of UK consumers either bought Fairtrade tea or would like their favourite tea brand to convert.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive or Account Executive createselect Up to £26K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - eCommerce and Digital Marketplace Silverdrum £60,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT EXEC/ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED agency, Farringdon - £23k-£30k Judi Patton £23k-£30k, Farringdon
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands