Twinings puts Rainforest Alliance seal on Everyday brand
By Daniel Farey-Jones, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 January 2010 09:20AM
LONDON - Twinings has started carrying the Rainforest Alliance certified seal on its Everyday sub-brand after committing to source 100% of its Everyday tea from RFA-certified estates by 2015.
As of this month a proportion of the tea used to blend Twinings Everyday has been sourced from Rainforest Alliance-certified plantations.
Twinings is not the first tea brand to carry the RFA seal. Unilever's PG Tips first started using it in 2008 after pledging that by 2010 all the tea it would use would be from Rainforest Alliance certified plantations.
The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour.
In December both brands along with other big sellers Tetley, Typhoo and Yorkshire Tea were criticised for not converting to Fairtrade by international development charity Traidcraft.
A survey commissioned by the charity showed that two thirds of UK consumers either bought Fairtrade tea or would like their favourite tea brand to convert.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Account Manager - CRM (specialism eCRM) PFJ £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- User Experience Specialist Stopgap £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Communications & Brand Manager Breakthrough Breast Cancer £42,000 - £48,000, Central London
- Marketing Communications Manager - Financial Services Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £40000 - £41000 per annum + benefits, City of London