Twinings puts Rainforest Alliance seal on Everyday brand
By Daniel Farey-Jones, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 January 2010 09:20AM
LONDON - Twinings has started carrying the Rainforest Alliance certified seal on its Everyday sub-brand after committing to source 100% of its Everyday tea from RFA-certified estates by 2015.
As of this month a proportion of the tea used to blend Twinings Everyday has been sourced from Rainforest Alliance-certified plantations.
Twinings is not the first tea brand to carry the RFA seal. Unilever's PG Tips first started using it in 2008 after pledging that by 2010 all the tea it would use would be from Rainforest Alliance certified plantations.
The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour.
In December both brands along with other big sellers Tetley, Typhoo and Yorkshire Tea were criticised for not converting to Fairtrade by international development charity Traidcraft.
A survey commissioned by the charity showed that two thirds of UK consumers either bought Fairtrade tea or would like their favourite tea brand to convert.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Art Director - Integrated Marketing Agency - West London - £40k - NP198 Stonor £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)