Fisherman's Friend resurrects classic character for TV ads
By Alex Brownsell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 January 2010 12:30PM
LONDON - Confectionery brand Fisherman's Friend is rolling out a new animated TV campaign featuring its classic fisherman character.
The two 20-second ads, created by design agency The Brand Engine and animation production company Film Club, show the fisherman in his trawler battling against poor weather conditions.
In one ad, the trawler is sailing through a thunder storm, while in the other the fisherman must navigate the boat through icy waters.
In both executions, the fisherman begins to suck on some Fisherman's Friend and the conditions immediately begin to clear. The ads end with the strapline 'Never Be without A Friend'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?