Fisherman's Friend resurrects classic character for TV ads
By Alex Brownsell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 January 2010 12:30PM
LONDON - Confectionery brand Fisherman's Friend is rolling out a new animated TV campaign featuring its classic fisherman character.
The two 20-second ads, created by design agency The Brand Engine and animation production company Film Club, show the fisherman in his trawler battling against poor weather conditions.
In one ad, the trawler is sailing through a thunder storm, while in the other the fisherman must navigate the boat through icy waters.
In both executions, the fisherman begins to suck on some Fisherman's Friend and the conditions immediately begin to clear. The ads end with the strapline 'Never Be without A Friend'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne