Fisherman's Friend resurrects classic character for TV ads
By Alex Brownsell, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 January 2010 12:30PM
LONDON - Confectionery brand Fisherman's Friend is rolling out a new animated TV campaign featuring its classic fisherman character.
The two 20-second ads, created by design agency The Brand Engine and animation production company Film Club, show the fisherman in his trawler battling against poor weather conditions.
In one ad, the trawler is sailing through a thunder storm, while in the other the fisherman must navigate the boat through icy waters.
In both executions, the fisherman begins to suck on some Fisherman's Friend and the conditions immediately begin to clear. The ads end with the strapline 'Never Be without A Friend'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Strategist - Maternity Cover at Trends, Innovation & Brand Strategy Consultancy Emma & Rachael & You £35 - £40k pro rata, Central London
- Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum, Reading
- Digital Analyst Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP30000 per annum, Manchester
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.