Ronaldo gets his kit off for Armani
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 January 2010 09:30AM
LONDON - Real Madrid and Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has appeared in his first ads for Armani since taking over from David Beckham as the "official worldwide testimonial" for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans.
It was announced last October that the striker would be replacing Beckham from this year and the photographs were taken in Madrid by fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
The shots, which feature Ronaldo posing in various stages of undress, will be used in Armani's Spring Summer 2010 advertising campaign in sport, fashion and lifestyle magazines and on signature billboards in New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, Rome, Paris and Tokyo.
Giorgio Armani said, Ronaldo "is the essence of youth - spontaneous, exciting, a real maverick" and was chosen for his "energy" and "youthful, exciting and sexy attitude".
Ronaldo said: "Armani is a legend in the fashion world and I have long been a fan of his work. I am very pleased with the pictures - they are certainly striking and are full of an attitude and spirit that I can relate to."
Earlier this week Armani released the first pictures of 'Transformers' actress Megan Fox who has replaced former Spice Girl turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham as the new female brand ambassador for Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + + car allowance , Romford
- Designer [Shopper Marketing] - FMCG Client - London agency - £28k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £28k, Central London
- Marketing Asssitant RoDO Ltd Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'