Ronaldo gets his kit off for Armani
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 January 2010 09:30AM
LONDON - Real Madrid and Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has appeared in his first ads for Armani since taking over from David Beckham as the "official worldwide testimonial" for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans.
It was announced last October that the striker would be replacing Beckham from this year and the photographs were taken in Madrid by fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
The shots, which feature Ronaldo posing in various stages of undress, will be used in Armani's Spring Summer 2010 advertising campaign in sport, fashion and lifestyle magazines and on signature billboards in New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, Rome, Paris and Tokyo.
Giorgio Armani said, Ronaldo "is the essence of youth - spontaneous, exciting, a real maverick" and was chosen for his "energy" and "youthful, exciting and sexy attitude".
Ronaldo said: "Armani is a legend in the fashion world and I have long been a fan of his work. I am very pleased with the pictures - they are certainly striking and are full of an attitude and spirit that I can relate to."
Earlier this week Armani released the first pictures of 'Transformers' actress Megan Fox who has replaced former Spice Girl turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham as the new female brand ambassador for Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Communications Assistant Olam International UK Ltd £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience, Central London
- UX Designer JM Digital £400 - £425 per day, West London