Ronaldo gets his kit off for Armani
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 January 2010 09:30AM
LONDON - Real Madrid and Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has appeared in his first ads for Armani since taking over from David Beckham as the "official worldwide testimonial" for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans.
It was announced last October that the striker would be replacing Beckham from this year and the photographs were taken in Madrid by fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
The shots, which feature Ronaldo posing in various stages of undress, will be used in Armani's Spring Summer 2010 advertising campaign in sport, fashion and lifestyle magazines and on signature billboards in New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, Rome, Paris and Tokyo.
Giorgio Armani said, Ronaldo "is the essence of youth - spontaneous, exciting, a real maverick" and was chosen for his "energy" and "youthful, exciting and sexy attitude".
Ronaldo said: "Armani is a legend in the fashion world and I have long been a fan of his work. I am very pleased with the pictures - they are certainly striking and are full of an attitude and spirit that I can relate to."
Earlier this week Armani released the first pictures of 'Transformers' actress Megan Fox who has replaced former Spice Girl turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham as the new female brand ambassador for Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show