Ronaldo gets his kit off for Armani
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 January 2010 09:30AM
LONDON - Real Madrid and Portugal footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has appeared in his first ads for Armani since taking over from David Beckham as the "official worldwide testimonial" for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans.
It was announced last October that the striker would be replacing Beckham from this year and the photographs were taken in Madrid by fashion photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.
The shots, which feature Ronaldo posing in various stages of undress, will be used in Armani's Spring Summer 2010 advertising campaign in sport, fashion and lifestyle magazines and on signature billboards in New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, Rome, Paris and Tokyo.
Giorgio Armani said, Ronaldo "is the essence of youth - spontaneous, exciting, a real maverick" and was chosen for his "energy" and "youthful, exciting and sexy attitude".
Ronaldo said: "Armani is a legend in the fashion world and I have long been a fan of his work. I am very pleased with the pictures - they are certainly striking and are full of an attitude and spirit that I can relate to."
Earlier this week Armani released the first pictures of 'Transformers' actress Megan Fox who has replaced former Spice Girl turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham as the new female brand ambassador for Emporio Armani underwear and Armani Jeans.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Adam Recruitment £34000 - £40000 per annum, Liverpool
- Account Manager - Automotive client Adam Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media