Carat picks up £2m Bhs media account
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 10:15AM
LONDON - Arcadia Group has appointed Carat to handle the £2m media planning and buying account for Bhs without a pitch.
Carat is the media agency of record for Arcadia Group, which merged Bhs into its operations last year.
The previous incumbent was MPG, which resigned the account in August 2009.
Arcadia Group hired Grey to handle the ad accounts for its Bhs, Evans, Wallis, Burton and Dorothy Perkins fashion brands after a pitch against undisclosed agencies in November last year.
Grey's first task was to create a number of seasonal campaigns for the stores in a bid to increase sales and footfall in the run-up to Christmas. The campaigns, promoting the five brands separately, ran across TV, print and outdoor.
Arcadia and Bhs functions, including logistics, property and finance, were consolidated by owner Sir Philip Green to improve group efficiencies.
Other Arcadia Group businesses include Topman and Topshop.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London