Mobile agency MD Tran to leave Kinetic
LONDON -Todd Tran, UK managing director of mobile agency Joule, which is part of WPP's out-of-home agency Kinetic, is set to leave the company.
Tran will continue to work on a consultancy basis until the end of February. A Kinetic spokesman said a search for a successor is being led by Michael Collins, US managing director and global chief executive of Joule.
Tran has worked at Joule since 2007, when it started life in the UK as Kinetic Mobile.
Kinetic rebranded the agency as Joule last January and announced it was to become a standalone global agency within GroupM.
In addition, Simon Reed, chief executive of WPP's online out-of-home booking site Signposter.com, is to leave the company as it merges operations with Kinetic.
The site launched in January 2009 and is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses book out-of-home campaigns. A Kinetic spokesman said the move into Kinetic formed part of WPP's alignment of its out-of-home interests.
Reed will not be replaced directly and his duties will be absorbed within Kinetic.
Kinetic became fully-owned by WPP at the end of last year. It was created in 2005 through the merger of Portland Outdoor and Poster Publicity, and was formerly 50% owned by its directors and 50% by WPP.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - immediate start - temporary Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + benefits, Basildon
- Brand Manager - FMCG Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + excellent bonus and benefits, Northampton
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch