Mobile agency MD Tran to leave Kinetic
LONDON -Todd Tran, UK managing director of mobile agency Joule, which is part of WPP's out-of-home agency Kinetic, is set to leave the company.
Tran will continue to work on a consultancy basis until the end of February. A Kinetic spokesman said a search for a successor is being led by Michael Collins, US managing director and global chief executive of Joule.
Tran has worked at Joule since 2007, when it started life in the UK as Kinetic Mobile.
Kinetic rebranded the agency as Joule last January and announced it was to become a standalone global agency within GroupM.
In addition, Simon Reed, chief executive of WPP's online out-of-home booking site Signposter.com, is to leave the company as it merges operations with Kinetic.
The site launched in January 2009 and is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses book out-of-home campaigns. A Kinetic spokesman said the move into Kinetic formed part of WPP's alignment of its out-of-home interests.
Reed will not be replaced directly and his duties will be absorbed within Kinetic.
Kinetic became fully-owned by WPP at the end of last year. It was created in 2005 through the merger of Portland Outdoor and Poster Publicity, and was formerly 50% owned by its directors and 50% by WPP.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham