Mobile agency MD Tran to leave Kinetic
LONDON -Todd Tran, UK managing director of mobile agency Joule, which is part of WPP's out-of-home agency Kinetic, is set to leave the company.
Tran will continue to work on a consultancy basis until the end of February. A Kinetic spokesman said a search for a successor is being led by Michael Collins, US managing director and global chief executive of Joule.
Tran has worked at Joule since 2007, when it started life in the UK as Kinetic Mobile.
Kinetic rebranded the agency as Joule last January and announced it was to become a standalone global agency within GroupM.
In addition, Simon Reed, chief executive of WPP's online out-of-home booking site Signposter.com, is to leave the company as it merges operations with Kinetic.
The site launched in January 2009 and is designed to help small and medium-sized businesses book out-of-home campaigns. A Kinetic spokesman said the move into Kinetic formed part of WPP's alignment of its out-of-home interests.
Reed will not be replaced directly and his duties will be absorbed within Kinetic.
Kinetic became fully-owned by WPP at the end of last year. It was created in 2005 through the merger of Portland Outdoor and Poster Publicity, and was formerly 50% owned by its directors and 50% by WPP.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive, Events Â– London, £27k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London
- Events Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, West Central London
- Loyalty Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Vauxhall
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad