W+K creatives take top honours at the Annas
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 January 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Wieden+Kennedy creatives Fabian Berglund, Karen Jane and Ida Gronblom scooped the £25,000 top prize at this week's Awards for National Newspaper Advertising.
The agency team created a spot for Honda, 'Bacon', that was named the Winner of Winners at the 2009 Annas, held on Wednesday night at the Mall Galleries in London and hosted by comedian Rob Brydon.
The Honda ad, which celebrated the reopening of Honda's Swindon plant, was among 68 ads nominated for the Annas by a judging panel of creative directors including VCCP's Darren Bailes, Tim Delaney of Leagas Delaney, Nik Studzinski of Mother and Simon Learman of McCann-Erickson.
Bailes described the winning ad as "news in the form of advertising".
Other winners included Publicis in the copywriting category for its work for the Children's Workforce Development Council, Bartle Bogle Hegarty in the art direction category for its 'FA Cup milkmen' work for ITV and Agency Republic and i-level in the online category for their 'Smoke-free generation' work for the NHS.
Leagas Delaney and media agency MPG scooped the Topicality Award for their 'Solid' activity for Nationwide, a campaign which focused on the solid and dependable nature of the building society throughout the banking crisis while W&K, alongside media agency Carat, landed a second award, this time in the Creative Media Partnership category for its 'Saturday is breakfast day' campaign for Lurpak.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Marketing Assistant Â– B2B Retail, £23k (Mat Cover) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Customer Data Manager Stopgap £43000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity