W+K creatives take top honours at the Annas
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 January 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Wieden+Kennedy creatives Fabian Berglund, Karen Jane and Ida Gronblom scooped the £25,000 top prize at this week's Awards for National Newspaper Advertising.
The agency team created a spot for Honda, 'Bacon', that was named the Winner of Winners at the 2009 Annas, held on Wednesday night at the Mall Galleries in London and hosted by comedian Rob Brydon.
The Honda ad, which celebrated the reopening of Honda's Swindon plant, was among 68 ads nominated for the Annas by a judging panel of creative directors including VCCP's Darren Bailes, Tim Delaney of Leagas Delaney, Nik Studzinski of Mother and Simon Learman of McCann-Erickson.
Bailes described the winning ad as "news in the form of advertising".
Other winners included Publicis in the copywriting category for its work for the Children's Workforce Development Council, Bartle Bogle Hegarty in the art direction category for its 'FA Cup milkmen' work for ITV and Agency Republic and i-level in the online category for their 'Smoke-free generation' work for the NHS.
Leagas Delaney and media agency MPG scooped the Topicality Award for their 'Solid' activity for Nationwide, a campaign which focused on the solid and dependable nature of the building society throughout the banking crisis while W&K, alongside media agency Carat, landed a second award, this time in the Creative Media Partnership category for its 'Saturday is breakfast day' campaign for Lurpak.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- New Business Director - Superb Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £negotiable, Central London
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show