Dettol spot named most effective TV ad of 2009
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 February 2010 11:40AM
LONDON - The most effective ad campaign of 2009 was an ad for Dettol's Surface antibacterial spray, according to TNS Research International figures that measure how "motivating" ads are.
Close behind the Euro RSCG-created spot was Karmarama's Nintendo Wii campaign featuring Ant & Dec.
The survey, which measured more than 250 ads over the year, uses an early warning tool called Mercury to measure how likely consumers are to buy the product or service after watching an ad.
TNS claims the study can determine whether the consumer engaged with the ads and how they felt emotionally when they viewed them by asking them a series of questions.
Paul Baker, the head of Mercury at TNS Research
International, said: "In 2009, Swine flu dominated headlines and directly affected a lot of people. The awareness of how to keep the flu bug at bay was exceptionally high and Dettol pitched its ad just right."
JWT was the only shop to have two spots in the top ten with its Kellogg's Cornflakes and Kenco Eco Refill spots polling in the top five.
As well as the Wii ads, other celebrity-fronted ads including the Walkers spot featuring Gary Lineker and Cat Deeley riding bikes, the Morrisons campaign and an ad for Premier Inn, starring Lenny Henry enduring a hotel nightmare, scored highly for their motivational abilities.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff