Fairy brings back iconic white bottle to celebrate 50th anniversary
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 08 February 2010 09:00AM
LONDON - Fairy, the washing-up liquid brand, is reintroducing its iconic white plastic bottle for a limited period to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
The Procter & Gamble brand is using Nanette Newman, star of its 1980s ads, in a new campaign to promote the bottle.
The marketing push will focus on the brand's heritage within the nation's consciousness, using the strapline 'Trust Fairy cleaning power!'.
The bottle goes on sale today (8 February) in Morrisons stores before a rollout across the UK for a limited period.
Fairy is the biggest brand in the hand dishwash category in the UK, with sales increasing 4% in 2009 and standing at £114.6m, according to Nielsen.
Its nearest rival, PZ Cussons' Morning Fresh brand, achieved £14.1m in sales last year.
In 2009 Unilever axed its low-earning Persil washing-up liquid brand to rationalise its product range.
Sales were down 38.8% for the brand last year, achieving only £7m in sales. The stock-keeping unit cuts were part of a strategy to focus investment and innovation on its 100 top-selling products.
More on Brand Republic
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - Brand and Insight EMR £90000 - £100000 per annum + Competitive, City of London
- Insights Data Analyst Stopgap £65000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Digital Creative Team (Copywriter & Art Director) Mavis Recruitment Up to £32k each depending on experience, Central London
- Online Marketing Assistant Stopgap £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show