UKOM unveils Audience Planning System
LONDON - UKOM has unveiled the first research from its Audience Planning System, the first UK industry-agreed measurement and planning currency for online media.
The data, which is designed to allow advertisers and agencies to plan online campaigns in a similar way to TV and radio, shows 64% of visitors to the BBC website and 62% of visitors to Wikipedia and Amazon are from the ABC1 socio-economic group.
Amazon also has the highest concentration of visitors who are the main grocery shoppers at 50% of all visitors, followed by Microsoft at 47%, according to the UKOM figures.
The data looked at the 10 most popular UK online brands which include Google, MSN/WindowsLive/Bing, Facebook, BBC, Yahoo, Microsoft, eBay, Amazon, YouTube and Wikipedia.
Douglas McArthur, chairman of UKOM, said the release was "a truly significant milestone for the online advertising industry in delivering comparable audience measurement data to other, established media channels".
UKOM has built on Nielsen's established measurement system by using a larger work panel and including the UK social grade of the panellist, whether they are the main purchaser of groceries and their geographical location according to ISBA Regions.
The UK Online Measurement Company was set up to specify and oversee the measurement of online audiences and is run by the IAB and AOP, representing media owners, with oversight from ISBA on behalf of advertisers and the IPA on behalf of agencies.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY - £40K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London
- Senior Creative Team - Dubai based (tax free salary) MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, Dubai
- Senior PAYG Product Marketing Manager EMR £55000 - £60000 per annum + $1500/monthly accommodation allowance, Vietnam
- Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement