French Connection returns to cinema
By Joe Thomas, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 11 February 2010 08:50AM
LONDON - French Connection, the fashion retailer, is returning to cinema after a six year absence in an attempt to shift perception of the brand.
Launching on 26 February, the campaign will comprise two creative executions to target young, aspirational men and women separately.
The 60-second spots will be placed around films specifically aimed at either men or women. Where movies appeal to both sexes, both ads will be shown.
The campaign has been created by Fallon, with Manning Gottlieb OMD handling media buying.
The shift back to cinema is significant for French Connection, which has more recently concentrated its activity on press, digital and outdoor campaigns.
On Sunday (7 February) the campaign was aired during Sky's '24' show, marking the first work by Fallon since being appointed to the account.
William Woodhams, marketing director at French Connection said: "We wanted to shift perception of our brand among aspirational young people and cinema is the most powerful way to do this. It also offers an ideal way to tailor our creative to engage specifically with male and female audiences."
DCM's commercial director, Jeremy Playle said that French Connections decision to run a cinema campaign showed a confidence in the medium.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York