Bravissimo and Peugeot target Valentine's Day cinema goers
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 10:30AM
LONDON - Lingerie brand Bravissimo and car manufacturer Peugeot advertised against Warner Bros romantic comedy Valentine's Day as it delivered 761,713 cinema impacts in its first weekend.
Valentine's Day took £3.7m this weekend as cinema goers celebrated the annual love fest of Valentine's Day, according to figures from Digital Cinema Media, with Bravissimo taking the opportunity to launch a cinema campaign, planned and bought by Media Vision and created by DigForFireDMG.
In addition to targeting people celebrating Valentine's Day, Peugeot ran ads, created by Euro RSCG and bought by OMD UK, against all of the top five films.
James Cameron's 3D success Avatar was seen by the second highest number of people this weekend with 676,909 impacts, bringing its total impacts since launch to 15.7million.
Universal's werewolf movie The Wolfman was the third most watched film in its first weekend with 483,234 impacts.
Figures provided by DCM (Impacts are estimates based on box office figures)
|UK cinema box office (Feb 13&14)|
|Film title||Weekend box office||Weekend impacts||Total box office||Total impacts|
|Valentine's Day (Warner)||£3,732,393||761,713||£3,732,393||761,713|
|Avatar (20th Fox)||£3,316,855||676,909||£77,072,663||15,729,115|
|The Wolfman (Universal)||£2,367,849||483,234||£2,367,849||483,234|
|The Princess and the Frog (Disney)||£1,504,908||376,227||£4,197,395||1,049,349|
|Percy Jackson & The ... (20th Fox)||£1,502,663||306,666||£1,502,663||306,666|
|My Name is Khan (20th Fox)||£936,454||191,113||£936,454||191,113|
|A Single Man (Icon)||£502,009||102,451||£502,009||102,451|
|Alvin & The Chipmunks II (20th Fox)||£424,622||86,658||£21,337,049||4,354,500|
|Astro Boy (E1 Films)||£422,382||105,596||£1,625,987||406,497|
|Sherlock Holmes (Warner)||£391,913||79,982||£25,162,902||5,135,286|
|Youth In Revolt (Paramount)||£368,019||75,106||£1,490,182||304,119|
|Edge of Darkness (Icon)||£301,086||61,446||£3,302,594||673,999|
|It's Complicated (Universal)||£200,720||40,963||£8,838,051||1,803,684|
|Precious:A Novel by Sapphire (Icon)||£181,714||37,084||£1,211,445|
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Insight Manager Oxfam GB Up to £38,830,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?