Bravissimo and Peugeot target Valentine's Day cinema goers
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 10:30AM
LONDON - Lingerie brand Bravissimo and car manufacturer Peugeot advertised against Warner Bros romantic comedy Valentine's Day as it delivered 761,713 cinema impacts in its first weekend.
Valentine's Day took £3.7m this weekend as cinema goers celebrated the annual love fest of Valentine's Day, according to figures from Digital Cinema Media, with Bravissimo taking the opportunity to launch a cinema campaign, planned and bought by Media Vision and created by DigForFireDMG.
In addition to targeting people celebrating Valentine's Day, Peugeot ran ads, created by Euro RSCG and bought by OMD UK, against all of the top five films.
James Cameron's 3D success Avatar was seen by the second highest number of people this weekend with 676,909 impacts, bringing its total impacts since launch to 15.7million.
Universal's werewolf movie The Wolfman was the third most watched film in its first weekend with 483,234 impacts.
Figures provided by DCM (Impacts are estimates based on box office figures)
|UK cinema box office (Feb 13&14)|
|Film title||Weekend box office||Weekend impacts||Total box office||Total impacts|
|Valentine's Day (Warner)||£3,732,393||761,713||£3,732,393||761,713|
|Avatar (20th Fox)||£3,316,855||676,909||£77,072,663||15,729,115|
|The Wolfman (Universal)||£2,367,849||483,234||£2,367,849||483,234|
|The Princess and the Frog (Disney)||£1,504,908||376,227||£4,197,395||1,049,349|
|Percy Jackson & The ... (20th Fox)||£1,502,663||306,666||£1,502,663||306,666|
|My Name is Khan (20th Fox)||£936,454||191,113||£936,454||191,113|
|A Single Man (Icon)||£502,009||102,451||£502,009||102,451|
|Alvin & The Chipmunks II (20th Fox)||£424,622||86,658||£21,337,049||4,354,500|
|Astro Boy (E1 Films)||£422,382||105,596||£1,625,987||406,497|
|Sherlock Holmes (Warner)||£391,913||79,982||£25,162,902||5,135,286|
|Youth In Revolt (Paramount)||£368,019||75,106||£1,490,182||304,119|
|Edge of Darkness (Icon)||£301,086||61,446||£3,302,594||673,999|
|It's Complicated (Universal)||£200,720||40,963||£8,838,051||1,803,684|
|Precious:A Novel by Sapphire (Icon)||£181,714||37,084||£1,211,445|
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR DESIGNER - AWARD WINNING AGENCY! Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review