Bravissimo and Peugeot target Valentine's Day cinema goers
By Maisie McCabe, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 10:30AM
LONDON - Lingerie brand Bravissimo and car manufacturer Peugeot advertised against Warner Bros romantic comedy Valentine's Day as it delivered 761,713 cinema impacts in its first weekend.
Valentine's Day took £3.7m this weekend as cinema goers celebrated the annual love fest of Valentine's Day, according to figures from Digital Cinema Media, with Bravissimo taking the opportunity to launch a cinema campaign, planned and bought by Media Vision and created by DigForFireDMG.
In addition to targeting people celebrating Valentine's Day, Peugeot ran ads, created by Euro RSCG and bought by OMD UK, against all of the top five films.
James Cameron's 3D success Avatar was seen by the second highest number of people this weekend with 676,909 impacts, bringing its total impacts since launch to 15.7million.
Universal's werewolf movie The Wolfman was the third most watched film in its first weekend with 483,234 impacts.
Figures provided by DCM (Impacts are estimates based on box office figures)
|UK cinema box office (Feb 13&14)|
|Film title||Weekend box office||Weekend impacts||Total box office||Total impacts|
|Valentine's Day (Warner)||£3,732,393||761,713||£3,732,393||761,713|
|Avatar (20th Fox)||£3,316,855||676,909||£77,072,663||15,729,115|
|The Wolfman (Universal)||£2,367,849||483,234||£2,367,849||483,234|
|The Princess and the Frog (Disney)||£1,504,908||376,227||£4,197,395||1,049,349|
|Percy Jackson & The ... (20th Fox)||£1,502,663||306,666||£1,502,663||306,666|
|My Name is Khan (20th Fox)||£936,454||191,113||£936,454||191,113|
|A Single Man (Icon)||£502,009||102,451||£502,009||102,451|
|Alvin & The Chipmunks II (20th Fox)||£424,622||86,658||£21,337,049||4,354,500|
|Astro Boy (E1 Films)||£422,382||105,596||£1,625,987||406,497|
|Sherlock Holmes (Warner)||£391,913||79,982||£25,162,902||5,135,286|
|Youth In Revolt (Paramount)||£368,019||75,106||£1,490,182||304,119|
|Edge of Darkness (Icon)||£301,086||61,446||£3,302,594||673,999|
|It's Complicated (Universal)||£200,720||40,963||£8,838,051||1,803,684|
|Precious:A Novel by Sapphire (Icon)||£181,714||37,084||£1,211,445|
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham