Goldfish stars in Drench ads and augmented reality game
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 11:25AM
LONDON - A clever pet goldfish called Mr Memory is the star of a new TV ad and digital campaign for Britvic's water brand Drench - watch the ad here.
The ad, which is part of a £5.5m integrated campaign created by CHI & Partners, sees the goldfish successfully navigate its way through a watery assault course, thanks to frequently being topped up by a bottle of Drench.
The campaign launches during 'Hollyoaks' at 6:45 pm on Thursday with a 10-second teaser spot, which directs consumers to the Drench website, www.staydrenched.co.uk, where a longer version of the story can be found.
The TV work is supported by a digital campaign, created by Elvis, that includes an augmented reality game, which consumers can access using a goldfish printed on the bottle's label.
By holding the goldfish up to a webcam, consumers will see a virtual fish tank appear on their computer screen, from which they can take part in a game where they must burst as many of Mr Memory's bubbles as they can.
If the competitor manages to record a score of 60% or more they are entered into a draw to win prizes such as free lunch at Boots for three months or a free magazine subscription.
The competition will be also be backed by a radio campaign, which launches on 1 March.
The new campaign follows a series of high-profile TV ads created by CHI & Partners for Drench in recent years.
In 2008 it launched a spot featuring Thunderbirds' Brains breakdancing to the song 'Rhythm is a Dancer', and followed this up last year with an ad that saw a cowboy riding a rodeo-pheasant.
Most recently, the brand rolled out an integrated campaign that featured four hamsters performing in a band called 'The Clever Hamsters'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Account Manager The Great & The Good £25000 - £30000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR/Marketing Manager- Fashion Retail Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, Kent
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £47000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers