MCBD picks up SodaStream relaunch task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 01:15PM
LONDON - SodaStream, the DIY carbonated drinks brand, has appointed Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to handle its advertising account.
MCBD picked up the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, and will now be given the task of relaunching the product in the UK.
The activity will aim to communicate the product innovations to a new generation of Soda Stream users, and also encourage mothers, who may have used the original 80s machine as a child, to use the new and improved Soda Stream with their own families.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to re-launch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years, but has as yet struggled to re-establish the brand in the UK market.
The most recent effort came in 2008 with a launch supported by an advertising campaign by Ware Anthony Rust.
Last year SodaStream launched a digital campaign that played on the brand's nostalgic credentials.
The work carried the strapline "get busy with the fizzy", which was first used by SodaStream in the 1980s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK