MCBD picks up SodaStream relaunch task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 01:15PM
LONDON - SodaStream, the DIY carbonated drinks brand, has appointed Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to handle its advertising account.
MCBD picked up the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, and will now be given the task of relaunching the product in the UK.
The activity will aim to communicate the product innovations to a new generation of Soda Stream users, and also encourage mothers, who may have used the original 80s machine as a child, to use the new and improved Soda Stream with their own families.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to re-launch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years, but has as yet struggled to re-establish the brand in the UK market.
The most recent effort came in 2008 with a launch supported by an advertising campaign by Ware Anthony Rust.
Last year SodaStream launched a digital campaign that played on the brand's nostalgic credentials.
The work carried the strapline "get busy with the fizzy", which was first used by SodaStream in the 1980s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Account Manager Stopgap £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Stopgap £180 - £200 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)