MCBD picks up SodaStream relaunch task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 01:15PM
LONDON - SodaStream, the DIY carbonated drinks brand, has appointed Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to handle its advertising account.
MCBD picked up the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, and will now be given the task of relaunching the product in the UK.
The activity will aim to communicate the product innovations to a new generation of Soda Stream users, and also encourage mothers, who may have used the original 80s machine as a child, to use the new and improved Soda Stream with their own families.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to re-launch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years, but has as yet struggled to re-establish the brand in the UK market.
The most recent effort came in 2008 with a launch supported by an advertising campaign by Ware Anthony Rust.
Last year SodaStream launched a digital campaign that played on the brand's nostalgic credentials.
The work carried the strapline "get busy with the fizzy", which was first used by SodaStream in the 1980s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Capability Manager - Kingston Upon Thames Stopgap negotiable, Kingston upon Thames
- Web Trading Manager Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, South East England
- Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + Double OTE, City of London
- Account Manager - Integrated (3 months) Stopgap £150 - £170 per day, London