MCBD picks up SodaStream relaunch task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 01:15PM
LONDON - SodaStream, the DIY carbonated drinks brand, has appointed Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy to handle its advertising account.
MCBD picked up the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies, and will now be given the task of relaunching the product in the UK.
The activity will aim to communicate the product innovations to a new generation of Soda Stream users, and also encourage mothers, who may have used the original 80s machine as a child, to use the new and improved Soda Stream with their own families.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to re-launch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years, but has as yet struggled to re-establish the brand in the UK market.
The most recent effort came in 2008 with a launch supported by an advertising campaign by Ware Anthony Rust.
Last year SodaStream launched a digital campaign that played on the brand's nostalgic credentials.
The work carried the strapline "get busy with the fizzy", which was first used by SodaStream in the 1980s.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline