Kinetic's UK chief executive Paul Shearring quits
LONDON - Paul Shearring, the UK chief executive of Kinetic, is stepping down from the WPP out-of-home agency.
He will not be immediately replaced; however, the managing director, James Copley, has been promoted to the new role of chief operating officer for the UK.
Copley will take on Shearring's responsibilities and report to Simon Crisp, the chief executive of EMEA, who joined Kinetic in July 2009.
Eric Newnham, Kinetic's global chief executive, said Shearring had led the consolidation of its UK business and been responsible for "transforming our direct client business and developing some strong agency relationships".
Copley has more than ten years of experience and his promotion is a reflection of his performance over the past 18 months as Kinetic restructured, Newnham said. He added that Shearring had been "instrumental in selecting Copley as his successor".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Snr AM become £35k-£40k, Surrey
- Mid-Senior Level User Interface and User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £200 per day, City of London
- Brochure Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28-30k pro rata, London
- Junior Creative Team become £20k-£30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'