Saatchi & Saatchi wins global Lurpak account
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 February 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - Saatchi & Saatchi has won the global advertising account for Lurpak after a shoot-out against the UK incumbent, Wieden & Kennedy London.
The agency will now handle Lurpak's advertising and develop a global brand strategy for all of its markets outside the UK, where W&K will continue to handle the business.
The account will be run out of Saatchis' London office and secures Saatchis a position on the roster for Arla Foods, which distributes and markets the Danish Dairy Board-owned brand globally.
The appointment is the latest in a number of global assignments that mark a shift in Arla's marketing strategy, away from a market-by-market basis and towards a globalised approach.
The company is aiming to turn its cheese brand Castello, Lurpak and its own-branded Arla goods into its three flagship global brands.
Last year, it appointed Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to handle the global advertising for its own-brand goods, while this year has seen it review the global accounts for both Castello and Lurpak. The former pitch has yet to conclude.
Lurpak is currently available in more than 75 countries including the US, Venezuela, South Africa, Israel and China. It is the market leader in the UK and Denmark.
Lurpak recently kicked off a £12m UK advertising campaign through W&K to highlight the pride and sense of achievement of cooking something from scratch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Lurpak shifts global ad account into Wieden & Kennedy
- Lurpak signs up to Jamie Oliver's C4 show
- Bob Seelert reflects on his time at Saatchi & Saatchi
- Cravendale and Lurpack get W&K TV treatment for £12m push
- Lurpak 'pie' by Wieden & Kennedy
- Golden creates brand guidelines for Lurpak
- Lurpak appoints Outside Line to digital account
- Senior Digital Designer Propel £35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Kensington and Chelsea
- Sales Support Assistant Hays Information Technology £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum, Christchurch
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web