Agencies line up for benefit fraud task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 March 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - The Department for Work and Pensions is on the hunt for an agency to handle its benefit fraud ad account.
COI is contacting roster agencies to pitch for the business, which is currently handled by Cheethambell JWT. It is not known whether the agency will repitch.
The DWP has only recently embarked on a significant advertising push, highlighting the consequences of benefit fraud through a TV campaign.
Aimed at benefit thieves, the ad featured shots of actors playing people who thought they could get away with cheating the benefits system.
Cheethambell has held the account since 2006. At the same time, VCCP was appointed to a brief to highlight what constitutes benefit fraud, but has not since produced any work on the business.
The creative pitch comes shortly after the DWP appointed Mediaedge:cia to handle its communications planning account.
Government figures released last month reveal benefit fraud costs the taxpayer £1.1bn every year, the highest amount for six years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London