Lowe wins pan-European Strongbow Gold account
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 March 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - Lowe Worldwide has won the pan-European ad account for Heineken International's Strongbow Gold.
It picked up the business after a pitch against three undisclosed agency networks. Steven Greaves, the international cider marketing manager at Heineken, handled the process.
Lowe will now be responsible for launching the brand across Europe, before a potential international roll-out later in the year.
The brief will not cover the UK, where St Luke's will continue to handle the Strongbow account. The Gold variant will not be sold in the UK.
Strongbow introduced its Gold branding in 2007 and has already launched the product in France, Germany and Spain, but it has not been given a significant marketing push.
Lowe will not only be briefed to introduce the brand into markets where cider is already popular, but will also be required to launch the category in many regions where it is not yet available.
Michael Wall, the chief executive of Lowe Worldwide, said: "Strongbow is the largest cider brand in the world, mainly driven by the UK at the moment. We look forward to the challenge of working with Heineken International to help them grow the brand across the rest of Europe. Heineken understands creativity and has major ambitions for Strongbow Gold."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive, Acquisition - The Times & Sunday Times News UK Competitive, London
- Insight Business Partner News UK Competitive, City of London
- Conceptual Designer Purple Consultancy £32000 - £35000 per annum, London