Lowe wins pan-European Strongbow Gold account
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 March 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - Lowe Worldwide has won the pan-European ad account for Heineken International's Strongbow Gold.
It picked up the business after a pitch against three undisclosed agency networks. Steven Greaves, the international cider marketing manager at Heineken, handled the process.
Lowe will now be responsible for launching the brand across Europe, before a potential international roll-out later in the year.
The brief will not cover the UK, where St Luke's will continue to handle the Strongbow account. The Gold variant will not be sold in the UK.
Strongbow introduced its Gold branding in 2007 and has already launched the product in France, Germany and Spain, but it has not been given a significant marketing push.
Lowe will not only be briefed to introduce the brand into markets where cider is already popular, but will also be required to launch the category in many regions where it is not yet available.
Michael Wall, the chief executive of Lowe Worldwide, said: "Strongbow is the largest cider brand in the world, mainly driven by the UK at the moment. We look forward to the challenge of working with Heineken International to help them grow the brand across the rest of Europe. Heineken understands creativity and has major ambitions for Strongbow Gold."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers