PHD wins £2m MTV Networks media business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 March 2010 11:10AM
LONDON - MTV Networks has appointed PHD to handle its £2m UK media planning and buying account.
The Omnicom Media Group agency won the business from Equinox, the sister agency of ZenithOptimedia, without a pitch.
Equinox had been the incumbent on the business for ten years and had defended it successfully last year in a pitch against Maxus and Vizeum. However, a shake-up in the MTV marketing department led to another review.
PHD's remit will cover communications strategy and buying across MTV's UK channels, including the recently launched Viva.
The agency will work alongside MTV's creative shop, Quiet Storm, and Matt Sanders, who was recently promoted to managing partner at PHD, will run the business.
Zoe Harris, the marketing director at MTV, said: "PHD demonstrated both rigour and creativity in their approach and we're looking forward to adding their thinking to our plans alongside Quiet Storm."
MTV Networks operates ten wholly owned channels in the UK, including MTV, MTV Hits, VH1 and Viva.
The Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels in the UK operate as part of a joint venture between MTV Networks International and BSkyB. Sky also handles advertising sales for MTV Networks following a recent deal that saw its Sky Media commercial unit win the sales contract from MTV's own Viacom Brand Solutions.
Last year, MTV launched Viva, a channel on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media, which offers a range of content, including comedy, that goes beyond music. It replaced
the TMF channel and was a supported by an ad campaign, created by Quiet Storm, using the line: "Up your Viva!"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure