Robbie Williams stars in Nikon European ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 March 2010 11:20AM
LONDON - Nikon is launching a pan-European multimedia advertising campaign featuring Robbie Williams, designed to inspire budding photographers to use its Nikon CoolPix digital camera.
Using the strapline, 'I am Nikon,' the campaign plays on Nikon's existing strategy theme of being 'At the heart of the image' and will take a behind-the-scenes look at what the statement means to budding photographers.
It will run throughout Europe and South Africa, with the first TV ad airing in the UK over Easter weekend on ITV, Channel Four and Five.
Created by Jung von Matt/Spree, the campaign also includes print, outdoor and online, with all activity supported by digital marketing driving people to a dedicated website.
Social media channels will also be used in an attempt to engage consumers.
TV executions will feature footage of Robbie Williams turning his camera on the crowd at a concert, as a well as footage showing holidaymakers exploring the Egyptian pyramids under the tagline, 'I Am Here'.
Birgitta Olson, general manager of marketing at Nikon Europe, said: "We hope this campaign will help to extend the legacy of the Nikon brand to a wider European audience.
"By reminding our customers that they too are at the heart of the image, we hope to ignite a new understanding of photography, one where anyone can express themselves, regardless of their photography experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Video Advertising Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Sports Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Graphic Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film