Robbie Williams stars in Nikon European ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 March 2010 11:20AM
LONDON - Nikon is launching a pan-European multimedia advertising campaign featuring Robbie Williams, designed to inspire budding photographers to use its Nikon CoolPix digital camera.
Using the strapline, 'I am Nikon,' the campaign plays on Nikon's existing strategy theme of being 'At the heart of the image' and will take a behind-the-scenes look at what the statement means to budding photographers.
It will run throughout Europe and South Africa, with the first TV ad airing in the UK over Easter weekend on ITV, Channel Four and Five.
Created by Jung von Matt/Spree, the campaign also includes print, outdoor and online, with all activity supported by digital marketing driving people to a dedicated website.
Social media channels will also be used in an attempt to engage consumers.
TV executions will feature footage of Robbie Williams turning his camera on the crowd at a concert, as a well as footage showing holidaymakers exploring the Egyptian pyramids under the tagline, 'I Am Here'.
Birgitta Olson, general manager of marketing at Nikon Europe, said: "We hope this campaign will help to extend the legacy of the Nikon brand to a wider European audience.
"By reminding our customers that they too are at the heart of the image, we hope to ignite a new understanding of photography, one where anyone can express themselves, regardless of their photography experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control