Robbie Williams stars in Nikon European ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 March 2010 11:20AM
LONDON - Nikon is launching a pan-European multimedia advertising campaign featuring Robbie Williams, designed to inspire budding photographers to use its Nikon CoolPix digital camera.
Using the strapline, 'I am Nikon,' the campaign plays on Nikon's existing strategy theme of being 'At the heart of the image' and will take a behind-the-scenes look at what the statement means to budding photographers.
It will run throughout Europe and South Africa, with the first TV ad airing in the UK over Easter weekend on ITV, Channel Four and Five.
Created by Jung von Matt/Spree, the campaign also includes print, outdoor and online, with all activity supported by digital marketing driving people to a dedicated website.
Social media channels will also be used in an attempt to engage consumers.
TV executions will feature footage of Robbie Williams turning his camera on the crowd at a concert, as a well as footage showing holidaymakers exploring the Egyptian pyramids under the tagline, 'I Am Here'.
Birgitta Olson, general manager of marketing at Nikon Europe, said: "We hope this campaign will help to extend the legacy of the Nikon brand to a wider European audience.
"By reminding our customers that they too are at the heart of the image, we hope to ignite a new understanding of photography, one where anyone can express themselves, regardless of their photography experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media