Robbie Williams stars in Nikon European ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 March 2010 11:20AM
LONDON - Nikon is launching a pan-European multimedia advertising campaign featuring Robbie Williams, designed to inspire budding photographers to use its Nikon CoolPix digital camera.
Using the strapline, 'I am Nikon,' the campaign plays on Nikon's existing strategy theme of being 'At the heart of the image' and will take a behind-the-scenes look at what the statement means to budding photographers.
It will run throughout Europe and South Africa, with the first TV ad airing in the UK over Easter weekend on ITV, Channel Four and Five.
Created by Jung von Matt/Spree, the campaign also includes print, outdoor and online, with all activity supported by digital marketing driving people to a dedicated website.
Social media channels will also be used in an attempt to engage consumers.
TV executions will feature footage of Robbie Williams turning his camera on the crowd at a concert, as a well as footage showing holidaymakers exploring the Egyptian pyramids under the tagline, 'I Am Here'.
Birgitta Olson, general manager of marketing at Nikon Europe, said: "We hope this campaign will help to extend the legacy of the Nikon brand to a wider European audience.
"By reminding our customers that they too are at the heart of the image, we hope to ignite a new understanding of photography, one where anyone can express themselves, regardless of their photography experience."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Lead Conceptual Designer Network Career Consultants £40000 - £450000 per annum, Berkshire
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + OTE and expenses , Manchester
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up