Mindshare's Poynter joins Global Radio
LONDON - Global Radio has appointed former Mindshare business director Dominic Poynter to the position of client strategist.
Poynter will join Global Radio in May and will be charged with helping to drive Global Radio's position within the media industry by working strategically with clients and agencies to increase new business across the Global Radio portfolio.
Poynter will report to director of commercial strategy Stuart Mays and work alongside fellow client strategists: former Mindshare business director Catherine Schrier, former Telegraph director Nick Russell and former ZenithOptimedia planning director Mark Hatwell.
At WPP media agency Mindshare Poynter worked with clients such as News International, ITV and Land Rover and led successful rebrand campaigns for The Times, Sunday Times and ITV.
Prior to joining Mindshare Poynter was at Interpublic media agency Universal McCann where he worked across BSkyB, Nestlé and other blue chip clients.
Mays said Poynter is an important addition to the Global Radio team as he "understands what we want to achieve at Global and has the drive and ambition to do great things here".
Poynter said: "Commercial radio has many opportunities and a few challenges on its hands and Global are responding by investing in their products and establishing very strong brands. I want to help realise these opportunities and be a part of a team rising to the current challenges."
Mays, former head of client sales and strategy at The Mail on Sunday, joined Global Radio's commercial team in the new position of director of commercial strategy in January 2009.
Mays was the first appointment former Times Newspapers commercial director Mike Gordon made after joining Global Radio as commercial director in December 2008.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency