Grey London wins Brother pan-Euro creative account
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 March 2010 11:50AM
LONDON - Grey London has won the pan-European advertising account for Brother International Europe, the printer manufacturer.
The agency picked up the business following a pitch against two undisclosed shops. The review, which began in October last year, was handled by the AAR.
The account not only covers advertising but also includes branding, trade support and internal and external PR.
Grey's first brief will be to roll out an integrated campaign across ten European countries, including the UK, promoting a forthcoming product launch. It will break towards the end of this year.
Chris Hirst, the chief executive of Grey London, said: "Brother is a brand with real ambition; in a busy and unimaginative category, we are really excited at the opportunity to help them set the agenda."
Antony Peart, the advertising and communications manager for Brother International Europe, said: "We selected Grey on the basis of its creative ideas and our confidence in its ability to deliver a campaign that will deliver at both a trade and consumer level across a number of channels."
Brother International Europe also works with TBWA\Manchester on UK-based campaigns. Its last one appeared in 2008 and was designed to promote the company's range of all-in-one printers to the eight million people in the UK who work from home.
Last month, the company called a media review in order to find an agency to work with Grey on the forthcoming product launch.
Currently, it uses a number of media shops on a region-by-region basis but is looking for an agency to handle the pan-European brief.
Peart said that neither pitch would affect Brother's existing relationships with its local agencies.
BIE is a division of The Brother Group of Nagoya, Japan and operates in 17 countries in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show