Tim Hipperson appointed G2 UK chief executive
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 March 2010 12:15PM
LONDON - Tim Hipperson, the former RMG Connect chief executive, is joining WPP's G2 UK in the newly created role of group chief executive.
Hipperson will take on leadership of G2's London office, including its Branding and Design and Data Dynamics divisions.
He will report to the chief executive EMEA, Pietro Leone, and work on unifying the agency's divisions into a more integrated offering.
The appointment marks Hipperson's return to the WPP network after he left the group in July last year after RMG Connect's merger into JWT London.
His exit was one of a number of senior RMG departures resulting from the restructure, with its global chief executive, Philip Greenfield, and the North American chief executive, Mark Miller, also departing last year.
Hipperson said: "I get on very well with WPP and it's a fantastic opportunity to build another agency and grow its reputation. The agency has very strong data analytics, direct, shopper marketing, retail and digital capabilities and I want to fuse those into an integrated offering founded on data and technology."
After leaving RMG, Hipperson launched his own agency consultancy, called Morph.
The company, which Hipperson has now wound up, helped agencies assess their digital capabilities and provided merger and acquisition support.
Prior to joining RMG in 2006, Hipperson's career also included a stint as the global director of relationship marketing at DraftFCB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Group Head- Ad Tech, Programmatic Ultimate Asset £70000 - £75000 per annum + UNBEATABLE COMMISSION & benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Integrated Project Manager Major Players £350 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Traffic Manager / Resource Manager Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + PRO RATA, London (Central), London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PLANNING DIRECTOR - MEDIA AGENCY Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred