Tim Hipperson appointed G2 UK chief executive
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 March 2010 12:15PM
LONDON - Tim Hipperson, the former RMG Connect chief executive, is joining WPP's G2 UK in the newly created role of group chief executive.
Hipperson will take on leadership of G2's London office, including its Branding and Design and Data Dynamics divisions.
He will report to the chief executive EMEA, Pietro Leone, and work on unifying the agency's divisions into a more integrated offering.
The appointment marks Hipperson's return to the WPP network after he left the group in July last year after RMG Connect's merger into JWT London.
His exit was one of a number of senior RMG departures resulting from the restructure, with its global chief executive, Philip Greenfield, and the North American chief executive, Mark Miller, also departing last year.
Hipperson said: "I get on very well with WPP and it's a fantastic opportunity to build another agency and grow its reputation. The agency has very strong data analytics, direct, shopper marketing, retail and digital capabilities and I want to fuse those into an integrated offering founded on data and technology."
After leaving RMG, Hipperson launched his own agency consultancy, called Morph.
The company, which Hipperson has now wound up, helped agencies assess their digital capabilities and provided merger and acquisition support.
Prior to joining RMG in 2006, Hipperson's career also included a stint as the global director of relationship marketing at DraftFCB.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter