Bing to sponsor The Simpsons on Channel 4
LONDON - Microsoft's search engine Bing has become the new sponsor of 'The Simpsons' on Channel 4 in a three month deal worth more than £500,000.
As part of a bid to drive Bing's share of the search engine market Bing will sponsor 'The Simpsons' show on Channel 4 week nights and Channel 4+1.
Created by Duke & Earl, the idents will be the first time Mircosoft has used sponsorship TV and coincides with 'The Simpsons' 20th anniversary.
'The Simpsons' deal has been planned and bought by Interpublic agency Universal McCann and includes Bing sponsorship credits before and after the episodes, as well as during ad breaks.
The most recent sponsor of 'The Simpsons' show was COI's Change4Life which launched a three month £640,000 sponsorship in October with a creative by M&C Saatchi booked by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The Bing sponsorship idents aim to be a humorous take on a family using Bing to solve problems.
The accompanying ad campaign, created by JWT London, questions the need for the "information overload", which rival search engines provide. Instead it will promote Bing's ability to provide clear and concise results.
Bing launched in November 2009 as an attempt by Mircrosoft to challenge Google and Yahoo! in the search engine market.
Microsoft has a 4% share of UK searches, the same as Yahoo!, while both are dwarfed by Google's 86%, according to Nielsen Online statistics for January.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Banksy creates controversial Simpsons sequence
- Microsoft nets deal for Thomson Local to sell Bing ads
- Channel 4 criticised by MPs for lack of PSB programming
- BSkyB in the dock after Ofcom bans Currys' idents of The Simpsons
- Marge Simpson Playboy centrefold hits the newsstand
- Department of Health sponsors The Simpsons in Change4Life initiative
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web