Brands clamber on board for St Patrick's Day
By Matt Williams, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 March 2010 09:32AM
LONDON - Aer Lingus, Jameson and O'Neill's are among the brands marking St Patrick's Day through Irish-themed campaigns.
A number of brands are running press and radio spots, in a bid to raise awareness of their Irish heritage.
Jameson has taken out a full-page ad in the Metro to promote a limited edition bottle that has been launched especially for the day, while O'Neill's is running an ad on the front page of the same newspaper, reminding readers that: "For a St Patrick's Day celebration to remember, O'Neill's is the only place to be".
Aer Lingus, the Irish airline, is running press ads in a number of publications, including the Daily Mail, to help raise awareness of the cheap flights that it offers to Irish destinations.
And Guinness, the brand most synonymous with St Patrick's Day, has also rolled out a high-profile campaign to take advantage of the festivities.
Created by the Omnicom-owned agency Red Urban, the brand has launched an online competition called the 'Guinness Grin', which encourages people to upload pictures of themselves with creamy top lips after taking a mouthful of the drink.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Communications Specialist Ninesharp £50000 - £55000 per annum, Berkshire
- Designer - North London, Barnet Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater)
- SaaS Sales Manager - Retail eCommerce! Digital Gurus £45000 - £50000 Per Annum + commission scheme, London (South), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager-Branding- £36K! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad