Brands clamber on board for St Patrick's Day
By Matt Williams, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 March 2010 09:32AM
LONDON - Aer Lingus, Jameson and O'Neill's are among the brands marking St Patrick's Day through Irish-themed campaigns.
A number of brands are running press and radio spots, in a bid to raise awareness of their Irish heritage.
Jameson has taken out a full-page ad in the Metro to promote a limited edition bottle that has been launched especially for the day, while O'Neill's is running an ad on the front page of the same newspaper, reminding readers that: "For a St Patrick's Day celebration to remember, O'Neill's is the only place to be".
Aer Lingus, the Irish airline, is running press ads in a number of publications, including the Daily Mail, to help raise awareness of the cheap flights that it offers to Irish destinations.
And Guinness, the brand most synonymous with St Patrick's Day, has also rolled out a high-profile campaign to take advantage of the festivities.
Created by the Omnicom-owned agency Red Urban, the brand has launched an online competition called the 'Guinness Grin', which encourages people to upload pictures of themselves with creamy top lips after taking a mouthful of the drink.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager FMCG Connect c. £30,000 + excellent company benefits, Nottinghamshire
- HEAD OF ANALYTICS Harnham £100000 - £125000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Email Marketing Specialist:- Fashion,Retail,Campaign,Analytics Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London