Brands clamber on board for St Patrick's Day
By Matt Williams, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 March 2010 09:32AM
LONDON - Aer Lingus, Jameson and O'Neill's are among the brands marking St Patrick's Day through Irish-themed campaigns.
A number of brands are running press and radio spots, in a bid to raise awareness of their Irish heritage.
Jameson has taken out a full-page ad in the Metro to promote a limited edition bottle that has been launched especially for the day, while O'Neill's is running an ad on the front page of the same newspaper, reminding readers that: "For a St Patrick's Day celebration to remember, O'Neill's is the only place to be".
Aer Lingus, the Irish airline, is running press ads in a number of publications, including the Daily Mail, to help raise awareness of the cheap flights that it offers to Irish destinations.
And Guinness, the brand most synonymous with St Patrick's Day, has also rolled out a high-profile campaign to take advantage of the festivities.
Created by the Omnicom-owned agency Red Urban, the brand has launched an online competition called the 'Guinness Grin', which encourages people to upload pictures of themselves with creamy top lips after taking a mouthful of the drink.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Retail Marketing Executive - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits,
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £23K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Planner/Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Senior Account Director - Healthcare Advertising Agency - Berkshire - £60k - £65k - NP100 Stonor £60k - £65k, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show