Brands clamber on board for St Patrick's Day
By Matt Williams, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 17 March 2010 09:32AM
LONDON - Aer Lingus, Jameson and O'Neill's are among the brands marking St Patrick's Day through Irish-themed campaigns.
A number of brands are running press and radio spots, in a bid to raise awareness of their Irish heritage.
Jameson has taken out a full-page ad in the Metro to promote a limited edition bottle that has been launched especially for the day, while O'Neill's is running an ad on the front page of the same newspaper, reminding readers that: "For a St Patrick's Day celebration to remember, O'Neill's is the only place to be".
Aer Lingus, the Irish airline, is running press ads in a number of publications, including the Daily Mail, to help raise awareness of the cheap flights that it offers to Irish destinations.
And Guinness, the brand most synonymous with St Patrick's Day, has also rolled out a high-profile campaign to take advantage of the festivities.
Created by the Omnicom-owned agency Red Urban, the brand has launched an online competition called the 'Guinness Grin', which encourages people to upload pictures of themselves with creamy top lips after taking a mouthful of the drink.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham