CMW appointed to Five's advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 March 2010 10:40AM
LONDON - Five has appointed CMW to its advertising roster as the broadcaster looks to increase the marketing activity around its most popular programmes.
CMW was appointed without a pitch, and will initially be responsible for creating a social media-led campaign that promotes FlashForward, one of Five's highest-rating programmes.
The US drama returns to Five next week, starring the Shakespeare In Love actor Joseph Fiennes.
The first series of FlashForward was screened on Five last year and achieved an average of 3.6 million viewers.
CMW's campaign will include a Facebook application that will dramatise the programme's central premise, by randomly generating future scenarios for fans. The social media work will be supported by a weekly vodcast, presented by Geoff Lloyd, in which the Absolute Radio DJ reviews each episode.
Five has ramped up its advertising over the past few months. The broadcaster recently rolled out a new TV spot to promote its array of US crime dramas, which united actors from rival US network shows in an ad for the first time. The spot was created by Power Animal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Business Director/GAD Contract or perm Barker Graves 80/85K, central london
- Marketing Partnerships Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London
- Senior/ Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £21700 - £26000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign
- Archant hires former ITV sales director as first chief commercial officer