Admiral replaces Brains as principal sponsor of WRU
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 22 March 2010 03:35PM
LONDON - Admiral, the insurance company, is replacing brewer Brains as the sponsor of Welsh Rugby Union.
The financial services company will become principal sponsor of the national team from the start of the 2010/11 season, as part of an initial three-year deal brokered by Essentially.
Admiral will become shirt sponsor and its logo will appear on all secondary and training apparel. The deal also includes in-stadia signage, tickets to matches and access to international players.
Charlotte Bennett, marketing director at Admiral said: "This is the first time Admiral has entered into sport sponsorship, but as a proud Welsh company there is no one better for us to sponsor than the Welsh national team.
"We look forward to a successful partnership with the WRU and the benefits we will see from our association with them. And I'm sure our employees will be thrilled to see the Admiral logo on the new team kit."
The deal was announced prior to the Wales V Italy RBS Six Nations match at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday.
Admiral is part of the Admiral Group, which also incorporates Confused.com, Elephant.co.uk and Diamond.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Communications Planner News UK Competitive, London
- Partner - International Media Agency Ultimate Asset £80000 - £90000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , West End
- UI/UX Designer | Leading Digital Organisation | Dubai Salt £40000 - £60000 per annum + plus relocation, plus benefits and bonus, Dubai
- Programmatic Executive - amazing lifestyle publisher Ultimate Asset £30000 per annum + bonus, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Senior Digital Designer Zebra People £50000 - £51000 per annum, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'