Carpenter continues BT link at Maxus
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 April 2010 11:17AM
LONDON - Maxus, the WPP media agency, has appointed Adrian Carpenter as its trading director.
Carpenter, who will work primarily on the agency's recently captured £75 million BT business, joins Maxus from Starcom MediaVest Group, where he headed TV buying on the same account.
Maxus landed the BT business from Publicis' VivaKi in February after a benchmarking exercise involving several media networks. The WPP agency officially takes on the BT business from this Thursday (1 April) just two years into a three-year contract that was agreed between BT and Publicis in 2008.
Carpenter joins Maxus following a period of leave from Starcom that coincided with the final stages of contract negotiations between BT and competing agencies for the business. He has had a long relationship with BT, having previously been the broadcast director at The Allmond Partnership, the now defunct agency that handled BT's TV buying before Starcom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'