Bob Seelert reflects on his time at Saatchi & Saatchi
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 02 April 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - Bob Seelert, the chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has spoken out about his time at the agency, in an interview with the business management website www.meettheboss.tv.
Seelert, who has led the company for 13 years, revealed he turned around the fortunes of what was a sinking ship, into a network that has now experienced 10 consecutive years of growth, by taking a personal approach.
Seelert, in the interview, said the only way the network could grow when he first joined was if he was seen as an "approachable rock" who shared a similar vision as his clients.
Seelert said: "From my first day at Saatchi & Saatchi, I met with as many people as I possibly could, there is no substitute for a personal presence.
"I went to four companies in London and then got on a Concorde and did the same in New York, before meeting with the chairman of our biggest client, Proctor and Gamble."
Saatchi & Saatchi boasts 135 offices in 85 countries
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Producer/ Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £24000 - £28000 per annum + pro rata - 3 month contract, London
- Senior Data Optimisation Executive Stopgap £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad