Bob Seelert reflects on his time at Saatchi & Saatchi
By Staff, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 02 April 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - Bob Seelert, the chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has spoken out about his time at the agency, in an interview with the business management website www.meettheboss.tv.
Seelert, who has led the company for 13 years, revealed he turned around the fortunes of what was a sinking ship, into a network that has now experienced 10 consecutive years of growth, by taking a personal approach.
Seelert, in the interview, said the only way the network could grow when he first joined was if he was seen as an "approachable rock" who shared a similar vision as his clients.
Seelert said: "From my first day at Saatchi & Saatchi, I met with as many people as I possibly could, there is no substitute for a personal presence.
"I went to four companies in London and then got on a Concorde and did the same in New York, before meeting with the chairman of our biggest client, Proctor and Gamble."
Saatchi & Saatchi boasts 135 offices in 85 countries
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- E-commerce Trading & Merchandising Manager Stopgap £52000 - £57000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'