Comparethemarket unveils 'Battle of Fearlessness' meerkat ad
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 April 2010 10:02AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com has launched the latest ad in the Comparethemeerkat.com series, in an effort to leverage the fame of its star meerkat characters.
The TV ad, called 'Battle of Fearlessness' and created by VCCP, recalls a fiery battle between the meerkats and their arch enemies, the mongooses.
It features meerkat Alexsander Olrov telling the story of how his Great Grandaddy Vitali was forced to lead his army of meerkats into war with a rival mongoose tribe.
The battle lasted through the night, until eventually "all the mongooses ran away".
Vitali was awarded the "purple claw" for his efforts, which Alexsandr complains that he did not receive "just so he could find people a cheap deal on their car insurance".
The ad follows on from the 'Journey of Courageousness' spot that was launched earlier this year, which saw Aleksandr venture outside of his stately home for the first time.
Aleksandr has gained 750,000 friends on Facebook since being introduced in January 2009, and also has 33,000 followers on Twitter.
Comparethemarket.com's parent company BGL recently indicated that it is preparing to expand its meerkat branding, with the introduction of a range of branded merchandise including toiletries, video games and household utensils.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Head of Digital Product Management Adam Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus, car, pension, Cheshire
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure