Comparethemarket unveils 'Battle of Fearlessness' meerkat ad
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 April 2010 10:02AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com has launched the latest ad in the Comparethemeerkat.com series, in an effort to leverage the fame of its star meerkat characters.
The TV ad, called 'Battle of Fearlessness' and created by VCCP, recalls a fiery battle between the meerkats and their arch enemies, the mongooses.
It features meerkat Alexsander Olrov telling the story of how his Great Grandaddy Vitali was forced to lead his army of meerkats into war with a rival mongoose tribe.
The battle lasted through the night, until eventually "all the mongooses ran away".
Vitali was awarded the "purple claw" for his efforts, which Alexsandr complains that he did not receive "just so he could find people a cheap deal on their car insurance".
The ad follows on from the 'Journey of Courageousness' spot that was launched earlier this year, which saw Aleksandr venture outside of his stately home for the first time.
Aleksandr has gained 750,000 friends on Facebook since being introduced in January 2009, and also has 33,000 followers on Twitter.
Comparethemarket.com's parent company BGL recently indicated that it is preparing to expand its meerkat branding, with the introduction of a range of branded merchandise including toiletries, video games and household utensils.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Creative Designer Premier Media £32000 - £42000 per annum, City of London
- Research Manager Major Players £36000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Gemini Search £28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Business Director Gemini Search £70000.00 - £80000 per annum, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign