Comparethemarket unveils 'Battle of Fearlessness' meerkat ad
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 April 2010 10:02AM
LONDON - Comparethemarket.com has launched the latest ad in the Comparethemeerkat.com series, in an effort to leverage the fame of its star meerkat characters.
The TV ad, called 'Battle of Fearlessness' and created by VCCP, recalls a fiery battle between the meerkats and their arch enemies, the mongooses.
It features meerkat Alexsander Olrov telling the story of how his Great Grandaddy Vitali was forced to lead his army of meerkats into war with a rival mongoose tribe.
The battle lasted through the night, until eventually "all the mongooses ran away".
Vitali was awarded the "purple claw" for his efforts, which Alexsandr complains that he did not receive "just so he could find people a cheap deal on their car insurance".
The ad follows on from the 'Journey of Courageousness' spot that was launched earlier this year, which saw Aleksandr venture outside of his stately home for the first time.
Aleksandr has gained 750,000 friends on Facebook since being introduced in January 2009, and also has 33,000 followers on Twitter.
Comparethemarket.com's parent company BGL recently indicated that it is preparing to expand its meerkat branding, with the introduction of a range of branded merchandise including toiletries, video games and household utensils.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- CRM & Online Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £45,000 plus benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Brand Manager / Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, East Midlands Region / West Midlands
- Market Research Analyst - World First Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (City of), London ...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers