Chevrolet launches branded UK music tour
LONDON - General Motors-owned car marque Chevrolet is launching a digital campaign to promote its first branded music tour, featuring "pop-up" concerts at venues chosen by consumers.
The Chevrolet Spark Unsheduled Tour will run from April until June and marks the brand's first foray into branded music as a form of leveraging its marketing muscle.
The tour will promote the manufacturer's new Spark five-door city car. The tour will feature indie band The Mystery Jets travelling to a number of UK cities, including Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, Edinburgh and Bristol.
Consumers can log on to a dedicated microsite, www.sparkunscheduled.co.uk, and vote for where in the city they would like the gig to take place, as well as applying for free tickets to the event. Users can also use the site to ‘graffiti' a digital image of the car.
The first concert will take place on Thursday (8 April) at the Vinyl Factory in Soho, central London, with supporting DJ sets by BBC Radio One presenter Nick Grimshaw, musician Jack Peñate and producer Bullion.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Email Marketing Specialist (6 month contract) Brand Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- Media Manager - Client Side Contract Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Media Executive Pitch Consultants £16000 - £20000 per annum, Leeds
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £26,000 DOE, Coventry
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building