Chevrolet launches branded UK music tour
LONDON - General Motors-owned car marque Chevrolet is launching a digital campaign to promote its first branded music tour, featuring "pop-up" concerts at venues chosen by consumers.
The Chevrolet Spark Unsheduled Tour will run from April until June and marks the brand's first foray into branded music as a form of leveraging its marketing muscle.
The tour will promote the manufacturer's new Spark five-door city car. The tour will feature indie band The Mystery Jets travelling to a number of UK cities, including Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, Edinburgh and Bristol.
Consumers can log on to a dedicated microsite, www.sparkunscheduled.co.uk, and vote for where in the city they would like the gig to take place, as well as applying for free tickets to the event. Users can also use the site to ‘graffiti' a digital image of the car.
The first concert will take place on Thursday (8 April) at the Vinyl Factory in Soho, central London, with supporting DJ sets by BBC Radio One presenter Nick Grimshaw, musician Jack Peñate and producer Bullion.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show