Trinity Mirror chief's pay rises to £1.7m
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2010 10:00AM
LONDON - Sly Bailey, the chief executive of Trinity Mirror, pocketed an overall pay packet of £1.68m in 2009 despite the company reporting a 41% slump in pre-tax profits during the year.
Bailey, the highest paid director at Trinity Mirror, netted a basic salary of £736,000 and a cash bonus of £671,000 in the year.
Her overall remuneration, including a £248,000 pension contribution, rose to £1.68m, compared to £1.53m the previous year.
In March this year, the publisher of the Daily Mirror reported a 41% drop in pre-tax profits for 2009 after its regional titles and digital operations were hit by a tough advertising downturn.
The group, which recently acquired Guardian Media Group's regional newspapers including the Manchester Evening News, scaled back its operations in the past year and reduced its headcount by 20%, which equates to 1,700 people. Further costs have been saved by a group-wide recruitment freeze.
Trinity Mirror's annual report also reveals that the company's next highest paid director, finance director Vijay Vaghela, took home £909,000 last year, including a basic salary of £430,000.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Director, up to £52k, plus benefits - Integrated, Social, Content, ATL Role - AMAZING ROLE! MODA consult up to £52k + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager or top end Account Manager, Digital role, iconic British Retail brand £35k MODA consult £30k - £35k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Freelance, Experiential / Promotional, 2 month, great day rate! MODA consult £185 - £200 per day, Central London
- Digital Manager PFJ £34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager - freelance roles, £350 per day, at least 3 - 6 months work MODA consult £350 per day, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- VCCP on becoming Advertising Agency of the Year
- Luca Lindner named as global president of McCann
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social