Tiger Woods returns to Nike's marketing with emotive ad
By Andrew McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2010 09:52AM
LONDON - Nike has released its first ad starring Tiger Woods since the golfer apologised for being unfaithful to his wife.
The ad features Woods' late father Earl talking to him from beyond the grave, asking the sports star what his thinking was and what he has learned.
While brands including Accenture and Gatorade have dropped Woods from their ads, Nike has stuck by him and will be hoping that attention turns back to his sporting prowess when he tees off at the US Masters later today (Thursday).
Woods' return to action follows an emotional apology for his extramarital affairs and a period of therapy which aimed to help him overcome the problems.
A Nike spokesman said the ad addresses the time Woods took away from the game by featuring "the powerful words of his father".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CRM Manager- £40k + benefits Direct Recruitment £40k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager Direct Recruitment £28-35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Copy Manager / Senior Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45K+, Putney Bridge
- Account Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Client Partnerships Director - retail brands Search Party 50-60k + 40% bonus (top benefits), London (Central), London (Greater)