Tiger Woods returns to Nike's marketing with emotive ad
By Andrew McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2010 09:52AM
LONDON - Nike has released its first ad starring Tiger Woods since the golfer apologised for being unfaithful to his wife.
The ad features Woods' late father Earl talking to him from beyond the grave, asking the sports star what his thinking was and what he has learned.
While brands including Accenture and Gatorade have dropped Woods from their ads, Nike has stuck by him and will be hoping that attention turns back to his sporting prowess when he tees off at the US Masters later today (Thursday).
Woods' return to action follows an emotional apology for his extramarital affairs and a period of therapy which aimed to help him overcome the problems.
A Nike spokesman said the ad addresses the time Woods took away from the game by featuring "the powerful words of his father".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Content Manager - £50k - Hertfordshire Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bens, Hertfordshire
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4