Tiger Woods returns to Nike's marketing with emotive ad
By Andrew McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2010 09:52AM
LONDON - Nike has released its first ad starring Tiger Woods since the golfer apologised for being unfaithful to his wife.
The ad features Woods' late father Earl talking to him from beyond the grave, asking the sports star what his thinking was and what he has learned.
While brands including Accenture and Gatorade have dropped Woods from their ads, Nike has stuck by him and will be hoping that attention turns back to his sporting prowess when he tees off at the US Masters later today (Thursday).
Woods' return to action follows an emotional apology for his extramarital affairs and a period of therapy which aimed to help him overcome the problems.
A Nike spokesman said the ad addresses the time Woods took away from the game by featuring "the powerful words of his father".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood