Tiger Woods returns to Nike's marketing with emotive ad
By Andrew McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 08 April 2010 09:52AM
LONDON - Nike has released its first ad starring Tiger Woods since the golfer apologised for being unfaithful to his wife.
The ad features Woods' late father Earl talking to him from beyond the grave, asking the sports star what his thinking was and what he has learned.
While brands including Accenture and Gatorade have dropped Woods from their ads, Nike has stuck by him and will be hoping that attention turns back to his sporting prowess when he tees off at the US Masters later today (Thursday).
Woods' return to action follows an emotional apology for his extramarital affairs and a period of therapy which aimed to help him overcome the problems.
A Nike spokesman said the ad addresses the time Woods took away from the game by featuring "the powerful words of his father".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey