Jonathan Burley quits Leo Burnett to join CHI & Partners
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 April 2010 05:25PM
LONDON - CHI & Partners has hired Jonathan Burley, the executive creative director of Leo Burnett, as its new executive creative director.
Burley replaces Ewan Paterson, who leaves the agency after four-and-a-half years to take over as the new creative chief at DDB Chicago.
Burley will join CHI later this year, and will work closely with the agency's direct creative partner, Warren Moore, and the digital creative partner, Thiago de Moraes.
He will be responsible for running the department and leading work on accounts including Drench and The Carphone Warehouse.
Burley joined Leo Burnett in January 2006, and during his time at the agency has created high-profile campaigns for clients including McDonald's, Kellogg and COI. Last year, he oversaw the award-winning "house of cards" campaign for Shelter.
He was also part of the management team that moved the agency to closer alignment with the below-the-line shop Arc.
Before Leo Burnett, Burley worked at HHCL for almost eight years and was promoted to creative director in 2003.
Paterson is understood to have resigned earlier this year, but news of his departure only came to light this week.
Leo Burnett is now expected to kick off a search for a replacement for Burley, who resigned on Tuesday.
Johnny Hornby, the CHI founding partner, said: "I've known and admired Jonathan for more than a decade, so I'm delighted that he's decided to join us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Category Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + £5,000 car allowance, bonus, benefits, Norwich
- Business director Dynamic New Alliances £70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media