Jonathan Burley quits Leo Burnett to join CHI & Partners
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 April 2010 05:25PM
LONDON - CHI & Partners has hired Jonathan Burley, the executive creative director of Leo Burnett, as its new executive creative director.
Burley replaces Ewan Paterson, who leaves the agency after four-and-a-half years to take over as the new creative chief at DDB Chicago.
Burley will join CHI later this year, and will work closely with the agency's direct creative partner, Warren Moore, and the digital creative partner, Thiago de Moraes.
He will be responsible for running the department and leading work on accounts including Drench and The Carphone Warehouse.
Burley joined Leo Burnett in January 2006, and during his time at the agency has created high-profile campaigns for clients including McDonald's, Kellogg and COI. Last year, he oversaw the award-winning "house of cards" campaign for Shelter.
He was also part of the management team that moved the agency to closer alignment with the below-the-line shop Arc.
Before Leo Burnett, Burley worked at HHCL for almost eight years and was promoted to creative director in 2003.
Paterson is understood to have resigned earlier this year, but news of his departure only came to light this week.
Leo Burnett is now expected to kick off a search for a replacement for Burley, who resigned on Tuesday.
Johnny Hornby, the CHI founding partner, said: "I've known and admired Jonathan for more than a decade, so I'm delighted that he's decided to join us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + car or c/a, South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Global Retail Activation Agency - circa. £45K + benefits Story Recruitment circa. £45K + great benefits and lovely office, London (Central), London (Greater)