McCoy's launches football promotion with two limited edition flavours
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 16 April 2010 01:20PM
LONDON - McCoy's is embarking on a football-focused digital and mobile promotional campaign, ahead of the Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
Created by Billington Cartmell, the activity centres on a competition called "Are you a real Fan?" and supports the United Biscuits-owned brand's position as "real crisps for real men".
The campaign will run across 125 million crisp packs and includes two new flavours, Sausage Striker and Chicken Winger, which are to be introduced this month.
Consumers can enter the competition online or via text, and stand to win one of 10 football trips around the world to venues in Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Spain and Holland.
The prize includes flights, accommodation, entry and tickets to a domestic football match, as well as spending money.
The promotion will be backed with a TV campaign and the brand's long-standing sponsorship of TalkSport radio, including its covering of the 2010 World Cup.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers