McCoy's launches football promotion with two limited edition flavours
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 16 April 2010 01:20PM
LONDON - McCoy's is embarking on a football-focused digital and mobile promotional campaign, ahead of the Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
Created by Billington Cartmell, the activity centres on a competition called "Are you a real Fan?" and supports the United Biscuits-owned brand's position as "real crisps for real men".
The campaign will run across 125 million crisp packs and includes two new flavours, Sausage Striker and Chicken Winger, which are to be introduced this month.
Consumers can enter the competition online or via text, and stand to win one of 10 football trips around the world to venues in Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Spain and Holland.
The prize includes flights, accommodation, entry and tickets to a domestic football match, as well as spending money.
The promotion will be backed with a TV campaign and the brand's long-standing sponsorship of TalkSport radio, including its covering of the 2010 World Cup.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London