McCoy's launches football promotion with two limited edition flavours
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 16 April 2010 01:20PM
LONDON - McCoy's is embarking on a football-focused digital and mobile promotional campaign, ahead of the Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
Created by Billington Cartmell, the activity centres on a competition called "Are you a real Fan?" and supports the United Biscuits-owned brand's position as "real crisps for real men".
The campaign will run across 125 million crisp packs and includes two new flavours, Sausage Striker and Chicken Winger, which are to be introduced this month.
Consumers can enter the competition online or via text, and stand to win one of 10 football trips around the world to venues in Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Spain and Holland.
The prize includes flights, accommodation, entry and tickets to a domestic football match, as well as spending money.
The promotion will be backed with a TV campaign and the brand's long-standing sponsorship of TalkSport radio, including its covering of the 2010 World Cup.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham