Coca-Cola kicks off World Cup celebration campaign
By Alex Brownsell, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 April 2010 09:15AM
LONDON - Coca-Cola is launching a multi-million pound global campaign to promote its sponsorship of the 2010 Fifa World Cup in South Africa.
The three-phase campaign, by ad agency Santo, begins with a TV and digital push entitled 'The longest celebration', centred on goal celebrations.
The ad begins with a clip of former Cameroon star Roger Milla, who famously danced in front of the corner flag after scoring in the Italy '90 World Cup.
A voice-over asks Roger Milla, seen drinking a bottle of Coke in the crowd, if celebrations have "gone too far", before adding "Nah!".
Consumers are then directed towards Coca-Cola's YouTube channel, in which users are encouraged to video their own celebrations and load them up to the site. The campaign, with music by Somali-born rapper K'Naaan, launches in the UK next month.
Emmanuel Seuge, group director, worldwide sports and entertainment marketing, Coca-Cola, said: "Our entire football campaign was designed to amplify the global 'Open Happiness' campaign for Coca-Cola.
"By tapping into the joyous feelings that are expressed in goal celebrations we bring to life that moment of happiness and uplift that is at the heart of our brand."
The two subsequent phases of the campaign will only run online in the UK. An animated ad, 'Quest', follows a young African footballer trying to devise his own goal celebration.
A third ad, 'Border crossing', will be used to promote a tour of the World Cup trophy across 83 countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)