Shreddies looks to recruit a Nana through social media campaign
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 April 2010 10:55AM
LONDON - Shreddies is looking for the public's input to its Knitting Nanas campaign by launching a £1m integrated advertising campaign to help recruit a new Nana to be the face of the brand.
Created by McCann Erickson London, the campaign puts social media at its heart by asking members of the public to upload a picture and profile of their nana or someone they know to a specially created Facebook Fan page.
Consumers will then be given the chance to vote for their favourite Nana, with the winner appearing on Shreddies packaging later in the year.
The social media work will be supported by an on-pack promotion, as well a 10-second TV ad, which will go live on 26 April.
The spot, called "The New Face of Shreddies", will be tagged on to the end of the current Shreddies TV ad, which sees the current Shreddies Nanas having a makeover.
Craig Turner, the senior brand manager for Shreddies, said: "This activity truly engages with our consumers, providing a very personal interaction as they upload and vote for their favourite nana."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards