Apprentice winner to speak at Media Week digital out of home summit
By Noelle McElhatton, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 April 2010 11:07AM
LONDON - Yasmina Siadatan, winner of the 2009 series of 'The Apprentice', is to speak at this year's Media Week DOOH Media Summit on 6 May.
Siadatan, a business development manager at Sir Alan Sugar's digital outdoor company Amscreen, won the fifth series of the hit BBC show and as winner was offered a job working as a business developer for Amscreen.
At the day-long summit, to be held in London's Earls Court, Siadatan will talk about how Amscreen has brought brands such as HMV, Lloyds Pharmacy, BP, Whitbread, Guardian Media Group and the FT into digital out-of-home.
The event will feature presentations from Camelot, Virgin Trains and Five, and a debate about the future of DOOH featuring The Sunday Times, agencies Posterscope, Mediavest and Glue, and media owner Clear Channel.
Research by JCDecaux Airport will assess the creative impact of DOOH and provide pointers for future innovations.
Siadatan said: "I'm delighted to speaking at Media Week’s DOOH summit this year. With new technology and environments coming on stream all the time, the frontiers for digital out-of-home advertising are constantly stretching, and this conference promises to be an unmissable showcase of the latest developments and success stories."
The Media Week event runs alongside the Screenmedia Expo Europe 2010 exhibition, also at Earls Court.
Mark Pigou, managing director at Screen Events, organiser of Screenmedia Expo, said: "There is a consensus that digital out-of-home is very effective and delivers greater ROI than static signage.
"But major brands and advertisers won't pay attention to DOOH without the critical mass of case studies and proof that the DOOH medium delivers results greater than static signage, and that is what this conference will provide."
Register for the DOOH summit or find out more here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location