Southern Comfort renews deal with Jazz FM
LONDON - Brown Forman spirits brand Southern Comfort has renewed its sponsorship of the 'The Southern Comfort Big Easy' show on Jazz FM following the show's nomination for a Sony Academy Award.
The 'Southern Comfort Big Easy' is broadcast on the digital radio station Jazz FM between 8pm and 9pm on Saturday evenings and plays music from Louisiana and New Orleans.
The six month sponsorship, which was renewed through Southern Comfort's media agency Universal McCann, is understood to be worth a substantial five-figure sum.
It includes a presence on www.jazzfm.com with more information about the programme, options to listen again, weekly competitions and news and reviews of Southern Comfort Jazz FM events.
Lois Ireson, senior brand manager at Southern Comfort, said: "New Orleans is the birthplace of both Southern Comfort and Jazz so the partnership has been extremely creative and exciting in making this connection with fans."
The nominations for the Sony Academy Awards were announced earlier this month and the Jazz FM Southern Comfort show was nominated in the new category of best use of branded content.
Richard Wheatly, chairman of Jazz FM, said: "The Sony nomination for this project recognises creativity at its very best. It's been a real team effort between Southern Comfort, UM London and Jazz FM.
"The unique way 'The Southern Comfort Big Easy' was produced has given Jazz FM the ability to create a bespoke piece of programming which is specifically designed to capture the Spirit of New Orleans, every Saturday Night."
Other blue chip sponsors on Jazz FM include The Financial Times, Pizza Express, Yamaha and The Cayman Islands Tourist Board.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff