Stuart Pearce and Kelly Brook star in Sony trade-in ads
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 27 April 2010 11:55AM
LONDON - HS&P and Live & Breathe have created a World Cup-focused marketing campaign for Sony UK, featuring former England football managers in an old people's home, with Kelly Brook as their nurse.
The comical ad pushes the electrical company's trade-in promotion surrounding the World Cup, where consumers are able to trade in old products for a discount on a Sony item.
Breaking on 1 May, the 60-second ad features former England football managers Terry Venables, Graham Taylor and current England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce, as well as ex-Scotland player Kenny Dalglish. It also stars Kelly Brook as a nurse.
Venables and Taylor are residents of Bisham Abbey retirement home, while Pearce plays the role of a handyman.
Venables and Taylor are seen watching England's first World Cup game against the USA on an old TV in a 1970s cabinet. Pearce then replaces the TV with a new entertainment system, including a new Sony Bravia TV, while Kenny Dalglish enters the room chanting "USA, USA".
The campaign also includes five 10-second ads, all of which feature the ex-football stars with a different old product that can be traded in for a new Sony one.
HS&P have also created a radio, CRM and in-store campaign to support Sony's trade-in promotion.
The ad will run until the 11 June, the first day of the World Cup, with media planning and buying being handled by OMD.
The two agencies were awarded the joint below-the-line retail marketing account last August, when Sony was running a campaign by TBWA\London featuring rock star Alice Cooper telling people they could trade in old TVs for a discount on Sony TVs.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad