SABMiller hires M&C Saatchi to handle Peroni UK account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:30AM
SABMiller, the global brewing giant, has consolidated the UK advertising arrangements for its Peroni Nastro Azzurro brand into M&C Saatchi.
The agency won the account after a competitive pitch against Havas Worldwide London and JWT London.
A review of the business began in July and was conducted by The Observatory International and Claudia Falcone, the global brand director at Peroni.
Peroni works with The Bank on its global advertising account, which will be unaffected by the appointment. Arc and Holler will no longer work with the brand in the UK. Peroni spends £3 million on above-the-line advertising in the UK.
Arc was appointed to Peroni's direct marketing account in February, while Holler was awarded its digital business after a competitive pitch last month.
The Bank was behind Peroni's "primavera/estate" global campaign last year, which featured fashionable men and women in Italy during the summer months. The 60s-style ad used the recording artist Mario Biondi's version of the track My Girl.
The brand also released a six-minute film, Senza Tempo, or Timeless, in 2010. The film was set in Rome and narrated in Italian with English subtitles. It was directed by Gabriele Muccino, the man behind the films The Pursuit Of Happiness and Seven Pounds.
It told the love story of a heartbroken director and did not mention Peroni, opting instead to feature subtle camera shots of the brand.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car allowance , London (Greater)
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration