SABMiller hires M&C Saatchi to handle Peroni UK account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:30AM
SABMiller, the global brewing giant, has consolidated the UK advertising arrangements for its Peroni Nastro Azzurro brand into M&C Saatchi.
The agency won the account after a competitive pitch against Havas Worldwide London and JWT London.
A review of the business began in July and was conducted by The Observatory International and Claudia Falcone, the global brand director at Peroni.
Peroni works with The Bank on its global advertising account, which will be unaffected by the appointment. Arc and Holler will no longer work with the brand in the UK. Peroni spends £3 million on above-the-line advertising in the UK.
Arc was appointed to Peroni's direct marketing account in February, while Holler was awarded its digital business after a competitive pitch last month.
The Bank was behind Peroni's "primavera/estate" global campaign last year, which featured fashionable men and women in Italy during the summer months. The 60s-style ad used the recording artist Mario Biondi's version of the track My Girl.
The brand also released a six-minute film, Senza Tempo, or Timeless, in 2010. The film was set in Rome and narrated in Italian with English subtitles. It was directed by Gabriele Muccino, the man behind the films The Pursuit Of Happiness and Seven Pounds.
It told the love story of a heartbroken director and did not mention Peroni, opting instead to feature subtle camera shots of the brand.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Strategy Consultant Michael Page Digital Ã‚£40000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + great benefits, Manchester
- Heavy Midweight Creative Team Major Players Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Senior Account Director Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£55000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake